Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Very Nice Reception












"The Consul-General of Japan and Mrs. Eiko Osawa cordially invite you to attend a reception to honor The 2008 Fullbright Memorial Fund Teachers on Thursday,
June 5, 2008 7:00 p.m."



The reception was held in the Consul-General's home. My mother and I went. I met several people who are going in October with me, including Amy, the woman in the black and white dress. She teaches in Arlington.

The whole evening was wonderful. Two speakers gave us insight into Japanese culture and tips about travelling to Japan. We were served a lovely buffet after the presentations. I took a picture of the great room of the home. All the regular furniture had been removed so that chairs could be set up in rows. The view of the front entry way is from the middle of the great room. I had such a nice time and our hosts were gracious and welcoming. It was nice to meet a few people that I will see again in October as we begin our trip.

The summer is passing quickly and I can hardly believe it is almost July already. Fall will be here before I know it and the trip will come with that. I am so honored to be a part of this.






No comments: